Information on local and web-based supports and services to help children and young people who have poor mental health.
- Kooth – A private site which helps children and young people to feel safe and confident in learning about their mental health worries.
- Mind Yer Time – Tips, stories and information for children and young people, to help use social media and screen time positively.
- Stepping Stones – A local service for people over 16 who have uncommon mental health difficulties such as depression, anxiety or stress, or bereavement and loss.
- CEDAR (children experiencing domestic abusive recover) – Healing group work for children and young people age 4-6 years and their mothers.
- Routes – Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol and Drugs – Young person’s support group for 12-26 year-olds affected by someone else’s alcohol or drug use.
School Based Resources
- Togetherall – Free, safe, private online support for young people living in West Dunbartonshire aged 16-24. Run by trained staff and available 24 hours a day, every day.
- Erskine Crisis Counselling – For children and young people aged 10 and over having emotional and mental health issues.
- Childline – Support services for children and young people under 19. Phone, talk to someone online, send an email or post on the message boards.
- Samaritans – A 24-hour support service for anyone who’s struggling to cope, who needs someone to listen without judgement or pressure.
- Breathing Space – A free, private phoneline for anyone in Scotland over the age of 16, feeling low, anxious or depressed.
- Young Scot – Information about activities, opportunities and support organisations and agencies provided for children and young people in West Dunbartonshire, including youth groups, employability, training and more.
- West Dunbartonshire Council – Activities that allow children and young people in West Dunbartonshire to gain new skills and experiences develop social skills and emotional well-being.